Howdy patrons! TLL shares some cool storing & packing tips for your beloved leather handbags and shoes!
Handbag Storing Tips:
- Wipe your bag with a damp cloth to remove dry dust/dirt sitting on the surface
- Apply a thin layer of a good leather conditioner and leave it to age for 30 minutes. Then wipe off the surface of the bag with a dry muslin cloth! Handbag reconditioning is recommended atleast once a year.
- Fill the bag with crumbled butter paper, bubble wrap or plastic cushion air bags to help it retain it’s shape. Do not use newspapers, as the ink tends to rub off on the inside fabric.
- Store the bag in dust bag or pillow cover. Avoid storing in a plastic bag as the handbag needs to breathe and the slightest bit of moisture can cause mildew/mold.
- Store the bag in a cool & dark place. Do not hang the bag , as it stretches out the handles.
Shoe Storing Tips:
- Before storing your shoes, make sure you give them a generic cleaning and conditioning treatment
- Leather shoes need to be stored in a temperature-controlled area that is cool and dry as iigh moisture and very hot and cold temperatures tend to destroy leather.
- Stuff shoes up with acid free butter paper to help them retain their shape. You can alternatively use shoe trees.
- Patent shoes should be stored in cloth bags as patent is quite prone to dye transfers! It is also needed so that they remain shiny and fresh.
- Store shoes in their original shoe boxes if space permits. There should be dedicated shoe racks for each season
- For boots, should be stored upright using a boot stand so they retain their shape.
Bag Repair | Shoe Repair | Jacket Repair | Sofa Cleaning at Home | Leather Handbag Cleaning & Restoration | Leather Shoes Drycleaning | Leather Jacket Cleaning |Shoe Shining | Delhi | NCR | Mumbai