We got a customer query as below:
‘I want to get my bike genuine leather seats coloured and tone matched
If you can help than pls revert back…..’
He and his father were avid riders and also collectors of vintage bikes 🙂 He had earlier got in touch with the vintage bike company itself, to get his beautiful cognac leather seats reconditioned. Unfortunately they applied a dark polish on all the seats, and changed the colour from a pleasant yellow brown to a ghastly black brown, below are some pictures! He was evidently upset.
We found the original colour, somewhere beneath one of the seats! We followed the following process:
1. We first removed the colour off all the seats and saddle bags.
2. We then did a deep cleaning procedure.
3. Our colour matching experts then made some matching colour (a beautiful cognac) and applied it on a small patch to match with the original colour.
4. After a thorough mixing and matching exercise, they sprayed the colour uniformly on all the seats and saddle bags with an air-gun.
5. They then applied a colour-fixing agent, to make sure the colour does not bleed.
6. A thick coat of lacquer was applied on all the bags and seats, to give the leather a nice an natural sheen!
Check out the transformations below:
Woohoo! We managed to restore the original colour of the leather upholstery of this vintage bike! He was ecstatic to see the end results!
We also gave him some Meltonian wax to apply on the upholstery, to spruce it up on regular intervals 🙂
#happycustomer #happyus #vintagebike #leather #seat #saddlebag #colour #restoration #leatherspa #leatherupholstery #sprucingup #leathercare #reconditioning #cleaning #leatherlaundry