Worried about ruining your white leather sofa with your cleaning pursuits? Below are some tips to restore it in a sparkling condition!
True it spells beauty and class, but maintaining your leather couch (that too white!) can be a little tricky. You might not have noticed that dust and grime settle in so easily and frequently before going in for those lovely white couches. It might be your favourite corner in the house but keeping it spick-n-span could very well turn into a nightmare. Before you start pulling out your hair in despair, give these tricks a look-see:
1. Before embarking on your mission, test the chosen cleaning product on a portion of the couch that is not noticeable. It is important to check for discolouration and damage to the leather.
2. If the leather seems fine, use a mild body wash with a clean, damp, soft cloth to rub in a circular motion with gentle pressure. Do not work up a lather and do not make the leather too wet. It should just be damp and moist.
3. Once the cloth is soiled, rinse it and re-apply the body wash.
4. Wipe the area with a clean, damp cloth.
5. Buff the area with a clean, dry cloth. You don’t want to leave the leather wet or damp. It will just reduce the life of your leather couch.
6. If there are stains that refuse to leave your beautiful couch, you can try rubbing the stain with a soft cloth dipped in non-acetone nail polish remover.
However, before you try this trick you might want to try it out in some inconspicuous spot of your couch in case the leather does not agree with the non-acetone nail polish remover.
Last but not the least, leather is an expensive commodity! Leather cleaning is technical. Always consult a professional leather care expert, who can give you useful insights into restoring and maintaining your leather upholstery!
Source: TOI Life